Location: Columbus, OH Construction Schedule: February 2014 – November 2015 Customer: The Ohio State University Architect and/or Engineer: THP Limited, Inc. HGC Role: Design Build The Ohio State University selected HGC Construction as the Design-Build lead firm for comprehensive renovations on two large historic buildings on campus. Hayes Hall was constructed in 1893 and is the oldest remaining building on campus. It is currently the home of the Design Department, Art’s drawing studios and OSU general classrooms. Hale Hall was originally built in 1911 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The project was a two-building, extensive exterior renovation with site work. Hale Hall required 100% tuckpointing of masonry, and Hayes Hall received a new roof. Both buildings received new area wells, new stone stairs and entryways, and exterior waterproofing to both stone and concrete foundations. Both buildings were fully occupied for the duration of the project, and schedules and logistics were created to cause a little disruption to the public as possible.